This is default featured slide 1 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 2 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 3 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 4 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

This is default featured slide 5 title

Go to Blogger edit html and find these sentences.Now replace these sentences with your own descriptions.

Rabu, 07 Oktober 2015

Cyber-thieves hit YouTube Fifa gamers

Six of the most successful Fifa video gamers to feature on YouTube have been targeted by cyber-thieves.
The hackers stole millions of Fifa coins, the games virtual currency, and sold players worth thousands of pounds.
They are thought to have convinced manufacturer EA Sports to transfer their victims' Origin accounts to email addresses the hackers controlled.
Many other well-known players who do not make videos are also believed to have been hit.
AnesonGibW2SNepenthezNick28TBateson87 and matthdgamer have more than five million YouTube subscribers between them.
Matthew Craig, the man behind matthdgamer, told the BBC: "There have been about 10 or more accounts which have been hacked over the last two weeks, me included."
In a video, Nick28T said: "Basically, someone called in pretending to be me and... got in to my account."
An EA representative said: "We encourage all Fifa players to secure their accounts with authentication and verification steps, which we outline on our help and our product sites.
"We are consistently working through our customer experience teams to secure accounts and make sure players are educated when account compromises are made."
Mr Craig said EA had apologised to him about the attack and had moved quickly to help him once he had reported it.
"They got my account back, added four or five more security measures, and my account has been fine since," he said.

Selasa, 06 Oktober 2015

IS exploits Telegram mobile app to spread propaganda

So-called Islamic State group (IS) has shifted its propaganda distribution to the secure mobile messaging app Telegram from Twitter, where its accounts have been repeatedly shut down over the past year.
IS and other jihadist groups appear to be exploiting new functionality introduced by the app last month, which allows users to broadcast their messages to an unlimited number of members via their own Telegram "channel".
On 26 September, just four days after Telegram trumpeted the launch of its new "Channels" tool, IS media operatives on Twitter started advertising the group's own channel dubbed Nashir, which translates as "Distributor" in English.
It has already amassed more than 4,500 subscribers.
Since then, IS propaganda has started appearing first via Telegram, often several minutes before being posted to Twitter.
The group's claim for an attack on Saudi and Emirati forces at a hotel in the Yemeni city of Aden on Tuesday was posted first on Telegram, for example, although Twitter remains a key platform for IS to spread its message.
IS appears to be hoping the Berlin-based Telegram will offer it a more stable and resilient platform for its propaganda, faced with a sustained clampdown on its Twitter presence.
But Telegram itself suggests it will take down illegal material that is made publicly available via the app - including posts related to IS, according to its website.
IS has not had an official presence on Twitter since July 2014, when its last branded accounts were shut down.
It then experimented with a series of less well-known social media platforms, such as the privacy-focused Diaspora as well as VKontakte, Russia's largest social network, whose co-founders the Durov brothers went on to set up Telegram in 2013.
But IS was soon kicked off those platforms too.
Since then, Twitter has remained the group's preferred platform. But it has been caught up in a cat-and-mouse game with the Twitter administration, which has also led to its quasi-official, non-branded accounts routinely suspended.

Samsung says its mobile payments data is safe despite hack

Samsung Electronics has said its mobile payment system is safe after a hacking attack against its US-based subsidiary LoopPay.
An article in the New York Times on Wednesday said the hacking incident had occurred against LoopPay's network in March.
LoopPay, acquired by Samsung in February, developed the payment system used to run Samsung Pay - a competitor to Apple Pay.
Samsung said user data was not at risk.
In August, the Korean electronics giant launched its mobile wallet serviceSamsung Pay in South Korea, followed by a launch in the US in September.
Samsung Pay competes against rival Apple's pay facility, which launched last year and operates in the US and UK. Google offers a similar payment system.
The mobile phone payment systems are designed to convince shoppers to use their handsets to make in-store purchases - rather than using cards.

The New York Times article says Chinese hackers - the so-called Codoso Group - gained access to LoopPay's office network and were not discovered until five months later in August.
Samsung said its payment system "was not impacted and at no point was any personal payment information at risk".
The firm said it was an "isolated incident" and stressed that LoopPay was a physically separate network from Samsung Pay.
"The LoopPay incident was resolved and had nothing to do with Samsung Pay," the firm said.

Senin, 05 Oktober 2015

Cisco disrupts $30m Angler hacking operation

Technology firm Cisco has uncovered a major hacking operation worth an estimated $30m (£19.6m) a year.
The company said criminals had used the notorious Angler Exploit malware toolto target tens of thousands of users every day.
The attacks were focused on customers of hosting provider Limestone Networks.
Cisco has issued a patch and published guidance on how users' can protect themselves but analysts doubt this will put an end to Angler attacks.
"We shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking Cisco's action will serve a killer blow to the Angler Exploit Kit, but it will have bloodied its nose and disrupted the criminals' activities," security expert Graham Cluley told the BBC.

'Advanced and concerning'

Cisco's security team discovered the fraud during a wide-reaching investigationinto Angler - one of "the most advanced and concerning hacking tools on the market", according to the firm.
The malware takes advantage of vulnerabilities in Flash, Java and other browser plug-ins to break into systems.
It can then take computers hostage, demanding a ransom be paid by their owners in order to regain access to the device.
Cisco estimates that almost half of the Angler attacks it analysed happened on servers connecting to the US-based hosting provider.
It said fraudsters were targeting an estimated 90,000 people a day and generating more than $30m annually from the attacks.

'A running battle'

Ken Munro, a security expert at Pen Test Partners, said Cisco's investigation was "another great example of cutting off malware at the knees".
He added: "By analysing the data around Angler and finding critical compromised servers on the internet that the exploit needs to communicate with, it can be rendered powerless."
But he said it would not take long for malware authors to "rewrite their tools to work around this".
He said: "It's a running battle that will continue in a slightly modified format."
Cisco estimates the total revenue generated by Angler attacks worldwide could exceed $60m annually.

Minggu, 04 Oktober 2015

Intelligent Machines: AI had IQ of four-year-old child

An artificial intelligence system (AI) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has taken an IQ test designed for a young child.
The results, written up by MIT Review, revealed that its IQ was equivalent to that of a four-year-old.
Increasingly machines are getting better at specific tasks such as playing chess, recognising pictures and making complex commutations.
But general intelligence is still proving elusive for most of them.
The MIT machine - dubbed ConceptNet4 - was put through its paces by researchers from the University of Illinois, led by Stellan Ohlsson.
The IQ test they chose, known as the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, is commonly used in US schools.
It is designed for young children and measures intelligence in five categories:
  • information - questions such as "Where can you find a penguin?"
  • vocabulary - questions such as "What is a house?"
  • word reasoning - children are given three clues such as "You can see through it", "It is square", "You can open it".
  • similarities - questions such as "Pen and pencil are both....?"
  • comprehension - questions such as "Why do people shake hands?"
The questions had to be modified for the computer and some programming was necessary to allow the machine to understand what it was being asked.
It did well on vocabulary and similarities, had an average score on information and scored poorly in the word reasoning and comprehension categories.
"The ConceptNet scored a [mark] that is average for a four-year-old child, but below average for five to seven-year-olds," the researchers concluded.
A lot depended on how the machine interpreted the questions. For instance, in answer to the question 'Why do we shake hands?", the machine produced the result "epileptic fit".

Sabtu, 03 Oktober 2015

Drone firm under threat of $2m fine for 'illegal flying'

A drone operator has been threatened with a $1.9m (£1.24m) fine for allegedly flying the unmanned crafts illegally over New York and Chicago.
US authorities proposed the fine on Tuesday, saying that the firm, SkyPan International, flew 65 such flights over more than two years.
The fine would be more than 100 times larger than the previous biggest punishment.
The company said it has not had time to review the proposal in detail.
The proposed fine was so large, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) told the Associated Press (AP), because it had asked SkyPan to stop the flights, but the firm continued anyway.
In a statement, the FAA said that 43 of the flights were in the heavily restricted Class B New York airspace without air traffic control clearance.
The airspace is usually around airports and stretches from the ground up to a maximum of 10,000ft. It is often shaped like an inverted pyramid.

'Illegal and dangerous'

"Flying unmanned aircraft in violation of the Federal Aviation Regulations is illegal and can be dangerous," said FAA Administrator Michael Huerta. "We have the safest airspace in the world, and everyone who uses it must understand and observe our comprehensive set of rules and regulations."
It said that the firm operated the aircraft in a "careless or reckless manner so as to endanger lives or property" during the flights, which allegedly took place between 21 March 2012 and 15 December 2014. The FAA further alleged that, on all 65 flights, the aircraft lacked the proper airworthiness certification.
SkyPan is a Chicago-based firm that specialises in aerial photography. Its production co-ordinator Karl Brewick told the AP that it had not had a chance to review the fine proposal and had no immediate comment. The firm has 30 days to respond to the FAA's proposed fine.
The previous largest fine for drone operations was $18,700 (£12,200), which was proposed in September against Xizmo Media, a New York video production company, the FAA said.
On Wednesday, the day after its announcement, an FAA official was due to face questioning by a House of Representatives committee on what the agency was doing to address safety hazards created by drones flying too close to manned aircraft.
FAA officials have said they are receiving multiple reports daily of drones flying in the vicinity of airports and airplanes, Associated Press reported.

Google speeds up news article downloads on mobile devices

Dozens of leading news organisations, including the BBC, are taking part in a scheme that will allow their web-based articles to load more quickly on smartphones and tablets.
Leaders of the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) initiative promise that the stripped-back versions of the pages will be "lightning fast" to load.
The move has been led by Google, which is providing use of its servers.
Participants believe it may discourage the use of ad-blocking plug-ins.
AMP works by simplifying the technical underpinnings of the pages involved.
Much of the Javascript code used on normal webpages is absent, meaning articles should not only appear faster but use less battery power.
Publishers can continue to tap into the same ad networks as before, but they will not be able to display some types of adverts including pop-ups and "sticky" images that move as users scroll down a page.
Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Wordpress have said they also intend to make use of the technology.
Facebook is a notable exception. The social network recently launched an alternative programme called Instant Articles, which speeds up the delivery of third-party content by hosting it on its own platform.

Cache and serve

News sites will automatically create AMP versions of their stories at the same time as they publish and update the originals.
Google intends to scrape these from the web, store them on its cache servers and then serve them to users via its Search and News tools.
Likewise, the social networks involved are also expected to cache and direct users to the AMP articles rather than the originals if users click on relevant links in their apps.
"Today, roughly 40% of users abandon an article if it doesn't load after six seconds," Danny Bernstein, Google's director of product partnerships, told the BBC.
"To be able to pull down an article instantly from Twitter, from Pinterest is a remarkable thing.
"We'll support accelerated mobile pages in search in 2016, but the code is public, so publishers can launch them today, and we expect some smaller apps to be able to render AMP files immediately."